Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm boycotting Kanye West!!!

Corky the slacker, back again with my monthly Johnson update! I will be posting pics a little later with our fun Labor day festivities. Dad is doing great. He's been on family restriction though, so we haven't actually seen him since we dropped him off at the ol' rancherooney. But from what we've heard, he is doing really good! We have found some good support groups to join. The church has been amazing to help pay for the rehab.
Our little family is doing great! Finally caught up on the housework! I'm pretty sure that DCFS could have come in there and classified it as a disaster area! But rest assured, it is clean now. Well except for the gazillion tomatoes that I'm going to can this week! Miss Pretty is growing like you wouldn't believe! She makes me laugh every single day! We've been over at my sistas a lot and the cuzzins have been so hilarious!! My lil' nephew "Spidey" is really having a hard time sharing with everyone. If you haven't read my sista's blog, check it out, it's under "Superhero family".

Many of you may be wondering about my post title. Last night was the MTV Music Awards. I DVR'd it, but heard this morning about the Kanye West controversy. I actually really like Kanye West's older music, but love Taylor Swift more. I will now be deleting all of Kanye West from my IPOD and throwing my cd's away. Total and utter disrespect!!


Friday, marked the 8 year anniversary of 9/11. As I drove to work that morning, I thought about that day and went over the events in my mind. It's funny how we remember so many details about that day, like what I was wearing and what I was doing when I heard the sad news. I was getting ready for work and heard on the radio that a plane had crashed into one of the towers. They were thinking it was a joke or an accident, and I turned on the news right when the 2nd plane hit. When the 3rd and 4th planes crashed, I remember thinking "Why can't they stop them? We're in America!" I'll never forget the images displayed throughout the media and the reactions of the news reporters who aren't supposed to show raw emotion like that. At work on Friday, our ROTC class had a flag raising ceremony in the front of the school. I lost it, once the flag was raised and then dropped back to half staff. My heart goes out to those amazing family members that lost fathers, mothers, children, brothers, sisters, grandmas, grandpas and friends that day!!

5 comments:

Tukuafu's said...

BOOO Kanye. Kaka Shondeez. I think they should wire his mouth shut again. It'll be quiet for awhile at least! Loveya!

Kiersti said...

He's such a d-bag. He'll never learn.

IONGI FAMILY said...

I couldn't agree more boooooooooo Kanye freakin JERK FACE

Ashley said...

With ya on the no more Kanye. What was he thinking? Glad to hear your dad is doing well. I actually heard your mom bear her testimony in church. (We are going to my parent's ward.) I was in the mother's room during the other ward's sacrament meeting and heard her talk about your dad. It was really neat to hear. Love ya!

Lemmons Family said...

I was shocked when he did that! I absolutely love Taylor Swift. Oh, my cousin Shannon told me she talked to you at the school!