Monday, August 1, 2011

Grampa Vern

Grandpa Johnson was the best fisherman I ever did know! I met this man 10 years ago and always felt loved from the minute I met him! D's has so many fun stories that he's always sharing with me about him and there are times that I even have to call D "Vernon" because he reminds me so much of him!

We went to Idaho at the end of June and got the opportunity to go up and visit Grandpa in the hospital. It was hard seeing him so ill, but fun to hear him still talking about his passion --FISHING!! A week later, he left this world and was reunited with his sweet wife and many others I'm sure. 3 years ago, on March 11, 2008, we welcomed a miracle into our lives -- Miss Pretty. That day, we also lost Grandma Johnson unexpectedly. It was hard for us to not be able to say goodbye, but at the same time, I know that she was up there to send Miss Pretty off to us. Until we meet again Grandma and Grandpa!! Miss Pretty and Grandpa on her blessing day.

Auntie Kyr and Miss Pretty being ultra glamorous!


I love this pic! My brother-in-law saying goodbye. It was very sad to see D and his brother weep for their grandpa. He taught them everything they know about fishing and then some.









All of the grandsons.






We got to see so much family while we were there and I'm sure that Grandpa was looking down on us and relishing in it all because it's not very often that we're all able to be together like that.



No comments: