Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Dirty South Ya'll!

Finally! A post about our fun trip! This is part 1 because we have so many pics to show! My sis Jenn and I decided back in November that we were gonna be all cRaZY and plan a random trip to Hotlanta to visit one of our really good friends that lives there with her family. So we found some amazing airfair and booked our trip! I was a bit nervous to leave Miss Pretty and the hubby for that long and I was super nervous to fly! I'm a wanny pants! You think I don't know this? I'm just not a good flyer! Well the middle of January finally arrived and we packed our 50 lb suitcase and lots of snacks and distractions for the plane ride and momma Lloyd dropped us off at the airport! The flights there, weren't too bad. We watched movies and read magazines and it felt like they went pretty quick. We got to Atlanta and got settled in at our friend Jenn's casa. What a beautiful home! I loved the scenery:











This was a pic of her front yard! I loved it there! So pretty!


Part 1 of my Georgia posts is about our trip to Savannah! I've always wanted to go to Savannah. All the pictures that I see are so beautiful and the rich history is just amazing! The trip was about a 5 hour car ride. It was fun enjoying the scenery, chatting about everything and anything and of course snoozing away. Our hotel in Savannah was beautiful and right on the Savannah River riverfront. We walked everywhere while we were there and if it weren't for all the yummy southern restaurants we ate at, I might have lost a little weight :). (soooooo worth it though!)



No trip to Savannah is complete without a stop at "Lady & Sons". Paula Deen's restaurant was everything I dreamed it would be! So good!






The historic district of Savannah had some amazing old mansions. There were also squares every couple of blocks.






The view from our balcony at the hotel. There were big barges that went down the river, tug boats and even dolphins! My first dolphin sighting!






One of the famous squares in Savannah was where Forrest Gump sits on a bench waiting for the bus. I'm Forrest :)

We also went on a couple of ghost tours while we were there. Pretty spooky! Here's the cemetery.



Our most memorable experience was the ghost tour of the Sorrel-Weed house. Very creepy!




I loved it there! The weather was a nice 68-70 degrees. The people were so nice and the shopping was lots of fun! It was a blast hanging out with two of my besties and giggling together! I needed it! Stay tuned for part 2!

No comments: