Friday, March 16, 2012

Dirty South Part II



I realize this trip took place in January and it is now March, but at least I'm gettin' her done!


Here is part II of my fun and fantastic trip to the South.

After our time in Savannah, we headed up the coast just a bit to South Carolina ya'll! We wanted to dip our toes in the ocean. We stopped off in Hilton Head, SC. It was dark, and the water was pretty cold, but well worth it! The sound of the ocean always amazes me. We collected some shells, played for a bit and then headed back to the ATL.





I thought I'd reinact Johnny Lingo! I'm surprised I didn't pull a muscle gettin' myself up in that there tree.



It was pretty late when we left the coast, but the drive back was so fun! I love my Jenns! (my sis & my friend) We just talked and laughed, it was the best!

One of the days, we drove into the big city of Atlanta and went to the Coca Cola museum. That was so fun! Here are a couple of pics from that:
Downtown.

Waiting for our 4D movie to start.



I still have one more part to this trip that I will post later. I loved just being with my friends and my friend's family. Her kiddos are adorable and kept us laughing! Her dogs were so sweet and made me want to own a dog or take hers home :)


Sadly, this week, one of her dogs passed away :(. Irish was seriously the sweetest pup I'd ever met! She was my buddy while I was there. She'd come down and sleep right next to the couch where I was and let me pet her in the morning when I'd wake up. She'd be layin' there just snoring away! When we were getting ready to leave, she stayed right by me and comforted me when I hid to cry. Here's a pic of her sweet Irish that I took. I hope that she's up there keeping my dad company for a bit.

No comments: