Sunday, February 17, 2008

UFC move on over. . .East High is comin' through!


So the following article was in the Salt Lake Tribune on Saturday:

Fight brings cops to East High
Posted: 6:21 PM- More than a dozen police officers responded Friday to a string of fights at East High School in Salt Lake City when two students from another school apparently started a scuffle. The first fight began in a hallway about 2 p.m. and was stopped by a resource officer, said Salt Lake City Detective Roger Williams. When about 50 students crowded around to egg on the fighters, the officer made a priority call for back up. Nineteen police cars responded, Williams said. The fight never turned into a melee, but at least two other fights involving 12 boys and 6 girls began minutes after the first fight. Police were able to restore order in less than 10 minutes. No injuries were reported, but most of those students in the fights will be referred to juvenile court, Williams said.



Now I've been ring side at a couple of Ultimate fights representin' our boy Camrann. But it's one thing to see two guys beat each other up who want to and who are getting paid to! It's quite another to have front row seats to a "high school brawl" that's right outside our front office in front of our windows!! I won't comment too much about it, but lets just say I walked out in the hall to tell someone that some of the culprits were escaping and just then the "6 girls" mentioned in the article decided to start fighting right in front of me! Of course no one could hear me or see me because I'm shorter than all the kids at East High, but eventually I broke through the crowd and back into the safety of the office! While it was terrifying and I had to give Hailey a pep talk about how she's never going to be like that!! I did go to Granger and that was not the first brawl that I've been witness to! DRAMA!!

2 comments:

Quebonita99 said...

Alright I just threw up a little in my mouth. Did you have to put the NKOTB on? How did we end up working in the ghetto on 1300 EAST?

Lemmons Family said...

That's scary. You better be careful and take of your cute pregnant self.