Sunday, April 19, 2009

My name is Miss Pretty and I'm a recovering Binkiaholic. . .

It worked! We have successfully removed the binky. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, but still not easy! I've come to this conculsion. . . the hardest part about taking away the binky, was that it was the last thing that made her my lil' baby still. Does that make sense? The first night was rough. She cried for about 45 minutes, talked for 30 minutes and then dosed restlessly for another hour, but then she slept through the night. Naps are harder because it takes her longer to fall asleep, but I think she's getting the hang of it! Thanks for everyone's words of wisdom. They helped me!

3 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

Good Job! I am so proud of you for sticking with it. It is hard to do to your child but so much better in the long run.

Tukuafu's said...

You did IT! Ah yeah.. told you it would be worth it! I am glad you did what you thought was best.. it really is up to you!! You didn't mention how your marathon legs are this morning! See ya lata! Love ya!

Kiersti said...

Woo hoo! You are a rock star!