Saturday, May 23, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things. . .

I thought it would be fun to do a list of a couple of my favorite things this week!

1. America First Credit Union. I've been a member of America First since before we were married and have loved every minute of it! But just today I was reminded why I stay with them! We applied for a new loan with them and when the nice loan officer called to verify everything, we were also able to refinance my car for 1 1/2% lower than it was right now and extend our line of credit! 3 deals all over the phone!




2. Reusable shopping bags. Every Earth day, I watch Oprah and she gives awsome tips about how to do our part to save our Mother Earth. She always stresses the importance of using reusable shopping bags instead of the plastic ones. So i've built me up quite the stock pile of them when I go to the store (they're only .99 at most stores). Well I had a horrible experience at Walmart 2 weeks ago. If you're ever at the one on 6200 S and 5600 W, and your checker's name is Patti (or "Unfriendly Patti" as I like to refer to her as), make sure and whip out those reusable bags, because she just loves filling those bad boys with groceries! (sarcasm, very thick!) But they seriously hold so many groceries. Today I went to the Library, Costco, Harmon's and Home Depot and didn't have to use a plastic bag at any of them! TIP: Harmons, Smiths, Sunflower Market, Albertson's and I think IKEA all credit you 5 cents for every reusable bag that you use!

3. Sunflower Market. My sweet sis introduced me to this market. It's on State St and about 6600 S right across from Fashion Place Mall. They have killer deals on produce there and they have all sorts of bulk items like grains, candies, granola, honey, etc. Last week we went and got strawberries for 88 cents! Check out their website and look at their weekly ads. If you sign up to get them by email, you get it a day early and can shop on Wednesdays when the ads overlap and there's even more things on sale! http://www.sfmarkets.com/


4. KSL.com. I'm a sucker for deals, so I usually browse the classifieds just to see what people are selling and what people are looking for and even what people are giving away for FREE! Sometimes I laugh so hard at the free section and just read it for the fun of it, because some people are so funny. But I'm also quite the seller on there. This weekend we sold a dresser, swamp cooler and a set of golf clubs! Speaking of KSL, does anyone have some red paint that they're getting rid of or done using? I have my cute little bench that I want to paint red, but i'm not sure that I'd use a whole can. I'm hoping to use like a colonial red. Let me know yo!
There ya, go. Hopefully if you've never used any of these, you'll try one and see why I love them so much!

5 comments:

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Love love Sunflower Market!! We've got one pretty close to where we live, I do all my produce shopping there. Seriously it's the best place!
I'll have to agree with you on KSL too, I'm on there all the time, just looking, and I've bought my share of stuff off there as well as sold things on there, I love it!

Corky said...

I noticed they had a Sunflower Market in Orem. I love their bulk section. All sorts of odd stuff! Pancake Mix, Hamburger Seasoning. . . it's fun!

Kiersti said...

I'm pretty sure we have some red paint kicking around from when we painted our red wall - email me and remind me to ask Bryan! We always have extra random paint (I don't know if you can call it a "perk" of marrying a painter or what).
And HOLLA for KSL! Love!

Tukuafu's said...

Yay for AFCU! Love them! Oh, and SMith's gives you 5 cents a bag too! Oprah would be PROUD!

IONGI FAMILY said...

KRISTI THATS AWESOME!!! I KIND OF FOUND U FROM ANOTHER PAGE!!! HOW ARE YA? GORGEOUS FAMILY U HAVE!!!