Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Here it is, a groove, slighty transformed. . .just a bit of a break from the norm. . "

I love love love Summertime! Will Smith really knew what he was singin' about! Here's your monthly update of all the Johnson happenin's!
Miss Pretty is now a free stander! "Look mom, no hands!" She thinks she's so cool just standin' there. I'm sure that she's so close to walking. She's hilarious and just has the funniest personality! She's become quite the groover and shaker just like her momma! "My milkshake brings all the boyz to the yard. . ." She's getting some new teeth finally which has been hard for her, but I'm glad for them to finally come in.

Here's mommy and Miss pretty strikin' a pose. She had some marinara for dinner and decided to paint her face with it.


Miss pretty and Cuz Munch chillin' on Gma and Gpa's rockin' chair.
Her baby mullet is becoming a bit more managable finally! Today I was able to pull the top into an ever so tiny pony and put a bow on top.

Mommy and Miss Pretty again. We went to the mountains for our Cuz's graduation BBQ and this was the only snap we got.
She's become the chatty patty these days. Here she is chillin' in daddy's lap talkin' to her girlz on her cell phone! She puts it to her ear and says something that sounds like "hello". If you ask her what a monkey says, she's says "ah ah ah ah". She's also saying "cracker", "up", "night night", and "kitty cat".
She's such a silly sleeper. The other morning when I went in to wake her up, her onsie that is obviously too small, had come unbuttoned and her booty was hangin' out. This is her usual sleeping pose. I've been very lucky to have a good sleeper baby! If I could give one piece of advice to any new mother, it would be to get your baby into a good routine and don't waver from it. Also, if possible, take away that binkie as soon as you can after 12 months. Since we took away the bink, she sleeps for 12 hours every night!

Here's Miss Pretty's new dresser. We found a different one than we had originally found. My mom found this one at a yard sale a few weeks ago for $15. It was blue with blue knobs, but I painted it white and put hot pink knobs on it. It looks dang cute in her room and only costed $25 by the time I bought the paint and new hardware!! Plus, I sold the other one that I had originally bought on KSL and made $22 bucks off of it! BTW, I have 6 blue knobs if anyone needs any.
Book Club this month was fun! It's nice to get out with the girls. We read "Angels and Demons". Dang good! Can't wait for next months' read! I will be double timin' it because I will also be reading Harry Potter to get ready for the movie! Can't wait!
I'm almost out for the summer! Next week is my last week until August. I'm so excited to spend some time with Miss Pretty and get some much needed walking in!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

The dresser is super cute! I can't believe how big she is getting. We need a playdate ;)

Katie said...

I love the mullet. She is so cute. I think Miss Pretty wants to go to Yellowstone this summer. We'll meet you there!