Monday, December 27, 2010

"Sorry Steve, but that leg's gonna have to come off!"

December was an eventful month for us! Miss Pretty had to get her tonsils out. And that was the only time that worked. We had it done at the beginning of the month though, so that she'd be up and runnin' before Santa arrived. The surgery went really well and Dr. Hill said that once he got in there, he was glad they were taking them out because they were huge!
Here she is waiting for her surgery. I wish they had cute pink jammies for the girls.

They gave her some Versed before she went in and I asked the Anasthesiologist where mine was?? I think the parents should get a lil' somethin'! The anxiety was killin' me!

When I went back to see her after, I was in tears, but the nurses were all laughing because this is how she was sleeping! The funniest is she used to sleep like this in her isolette!
And here we are in the wagon, getting ready to leave Primary's. The 2 weeks that followed were rough! Not a fun experience! Poor thang didn't want to take her Loratab. I don't blame her, that stuff was nasty! She cried a lot, wet the bed a lot, slept a lot (and not at the normal times) and was just unhappy. It was hard to get out of our routine so much and I was glad for my christmas break from work so that I could catch up on my sleep!!

No comments: