Monday, January 24, 2011

Cabin Feva Anyone?

So we Johnsons went on our very first family vacation by ourselves. I know, it's shocking! A good family friend had this killer deal on a cabin at the Cabins at Bear River Lodge, up in the Uintah's and I snatched it right up! I'd do it again if I could too, because it was the best!! It was so nice and relaxing! Just watched movies and did pretty much whatever we wanted! We cooked some yummy meals (well I did, with the help of my tot Miss Pretty).
I came back feeling recharged and well rested! I wish I could do that once a month!



Funny story: One of the days we suited up (see above pics) and headed out to go tubing on the hills behind the cabin. So there I am, prepping myself to go down one of the hills, wearing no make up, wearing my mismatched sledding attire (I so should have worn fur I know!), when this guy rolls up on a snowmobile. He's all "Do you mind if I film you going down the hill on that tube? I'm from 'Roughin' it Outdoors' with Channel 2." Which actually turned into interviewing each of us. It aired on Saturday, January 22 and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Miss Pretty looked adorable of course! Once they post it online, I'll link it up so you can all see our debut!



Miss Pretty had so much fun hanging out with us! We had an elegant dinner one night and used the wine glasses they had in the cabinet to drink our rootbeer out of. She LOVED that and kept telling me "I don't need help mom! I got it!"


2 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

I want to go on Vaca there! Looks like you had a lot of fun! I cant wait to see you on the news!!

IONGI FAMILY said...

How FUN!!! family vacay is always the BEST!!!