Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Favorite Food Co-op!

As many of you know, I'm a deal seeker. . . love me some free and cheap stuff!
Just wanted to share one of my favorite ways to do this each month! I'm a part of a local food co-op here in Salt Lake (they're available in most cities, just check). It's an amazing program that buys a lot of local produce and meat and we're able to purchase it at a very inexpensive price! I just order it online each month, pay for it online and then I go and pick it up at a church close to my house. Miss Pretty loves going with me because she gets to count out the produce and help me load up my bag. And my favorite part is that each month the produce and meat selection changes and it forces me to branch out a little bit and try new recipes.
If you're in Salt Lake, check out their website. I will even go with you the first time if you want! I usually buy the "Standard Share" for $24 and that includes 5 selections (sometimes more!) of produce and 4 selections of meat. It comes out to be a huge bag of produce (think Ikea blue bag, full!) and a box of meat. (i've linked an example of what a standard share has been before) I added it up for what I would spend on it at the grocery store and it's at least half the cost to get it through the co-op!! Who doesn't love that savings right? Plus it's local and I love supporting local businesses when I can!
So. . . check it out! I just wanted to share because it's a new year and I know many of you might be looking for ways to save and get out of debt like we are! I also wanted to share that I will be teaching a "coupon class" in February for my ward, but everyone is welcome to come! I would love to have friends and family there too for support since i'm super nervous! I'll let everyone know the date and time for sure!!

1 comment:

VEEYAH said...

I LOVE THIS PLACE!! Kinda forgot about it though...thanks for the reminder! Also...I read the blog you referred us to on the family ya'll helped out for Christmas....I LOVED it Kristy! I was in tears and struggled reading through it because my eyes were so watery! The LLOYDS ROCK! XOXOX