Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Star is Born! Oh and Happy Birthday Mommy!

So last week I went to my Dr.'s appt. to check up on my blood pressure. . .While there my sweet Dr gave me the shock of a lifetime and told me they were admitting me to the hospital because it was 160/110!! Yikes! I bawled my eyes out and was scared out of my mind! But they ended up sending me home that night because it went back down, but I was put on bedrest.

After 3 days of being bored out of my mind. . .my blood pressure shot back up on Sunday evening and I was told to go back to the hospital! So with the entire Lloyd clan in tow . . we headed up! They told me then that they were going to induce me and we'd being having a baby within the next day or so! I kept telling them that my birthday was Wednesday and so it needed to be before or after that!
After a full day of being on Patocin and Magnesium for the blood pressure they were getting ready to break my water but couldn't feel her head! So they did and ultra sound and the little bugger had flipped completely around and was breech! I was prepped for a C section immediately and within an hour had a beautiful baby girl!
Daddy's lil' girl, Hailey Katherine Johnson was born on March 11 (the day before my birthday) weighing in at 4 lbs 4 oz! She is doing fabulous and should be allowed to come home with us pretty soon! She has been eating well and is even breastfeeding twice a day now! They didn't think she would because she's so small, but she has definately exceeded everyone's expectations! We go up to feed her everyday and stay at the hospital between feedings so that we can be there for most of the day to see her and love on her! It's still really hard for me to leave her there though and I weep everytime I have to leave! I really can't believe how much I love this little baby! I will definately update more later and post more pics! Thank you to everyone for being so supportive especially both of our families! She couldn't ask for better grandparents and aunts and uncles!

10 comments:

Joy said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry you had to go through the whole blood pressure trauma. I had high blood pressure with my first pregnancy and was supposed to go on bed rest the day after my baby shower, but that day my blood pressure shot up to nearly 200 over 110. I about had a heart attack when I saw those numbers (I don't know how anyone doesn't go into cardiac arrest with blood pressure that high). I was induced and had the baby that night but luckily I was already 38 1/2 weeks along, so Gideon weighed a healthy 6 pounds and 1 ounce. I'm just so glad your little Hailey is doing well!! Take care of yourself and that sweet tiny baby! Love ya!

Joy

Kiersti said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I'm so glad she's doing well and I hope she can come home soon so you can love on her 24/7 - because you will definitely want to!!!! Congrats, she's a beauty!!
Kiersti

Brynn said...

We can't wait to meet her!

Heather said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your healthy family!

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help!

Kristy Skoy said...

I am soooo happy to see photos of her! She is way CUTE! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was asking at the funeral to see photo's and no one would show me! I am glad that you are doing better and I pray that she gets to come home soon. I am glad that she is breast feading! You need that bond since she is not home with you. I will have to come and see her soon.

The Gentry's said...

Yeah, I'm so excited for you and Doug! She is beautiful and sooo tiny! I'm sure your glad to be done with being prego. I hope your healing goes good! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Jenn said...

OH! She is so cute! Congratulations! What a crazy little story. Guess she was just ready to be here!

Kim said...

Kristy she is beautiful. I'm glad she is doing so well. I can't wait until you guys can have her home with you.

Malia said...

She IS beautiful and just perfect! Congratulations Kristy & Doug!

Henich Family said...

Wow so tiny...I can't believe it! How exciting to have her home with you now! Congrats!!!!

Andrea