Saturday, March 21, 2009

Party like a rockstar. . .party like a rockstar. .

So I totally agree that I've been a slacker at getting Miss Pretty's party posted! (say that 3x's fast!) It's been a busy couple of weeks for us here at the Johnson ranch! But fun! Miss Pretty's Birthday was very reminiscent for me! I am amazed at how fulfilling motherhood is and how much i've enjoyed this past year with her! I'm still not quite sure why Heavenly Father had us wait so long, but i'm sure one day I'll see it more clearly! I am very greatful to Him for sending her to us! She is an amazing little person and I'm so excited to watch her grow up and do amazing things with her life! I am constantly worried that I will do something wrong and forget to teach her something. I just wish that I could be assured that she won't make any of the same mistakes as her mommy and that she'll just make good choices. I'm not sure how my mom handled me at times! (sorry mom!)
Anyway. . . it's definately been an awsome year with her here! I mentioned in my last post, that she's a crawlin' machine! Here's a pic of her crawling around in her jammies. She's so cutE!



The Birthday girl and her daddy!


I wanted to get some pics of her in the morning when I went to wake her up to take her to the babysitters. She's been quite mobile in her sleep lately and falls asleep on her tummy. Here she is on her Birthday with her blankies pulled up over her. So adorable.


I even pulled the blankies off and she stayed a snoozin'!


Her princess party was a big success. All the fam was there and we had fun celebrating! Thanks so much to all of our family for coming and for the wonderful gifts! We are so greatful to have such a wonderful family!
Here she is with her first doll from her Auntie Kyr! She loves on that thing whenever she sees it!




She got loads of new clothes and toys! I had to clean out her closet today so that we could fit it all in!

Grandma Johnson is so talented! She made this adorable princess castle cake for Miss Pretty and she also made a cute new dress for her!



This was the cake that she got to dig into and make a mess with! She did love the frosting, but was very modest and didn't get as messy as I thought! I envisioned her tearing the thing apart and having it everywhere!

Instead, this was all the damage she did to it!



It was a fun party!
As for the family updates. . . .I also celebrated a Birthday this past week. The big 29er. It was a much better birthday than last year. Not as weepy and I wasn't in the hospital, so much better. My mom sent me flowers and my friends at work all celebrated with me. Thanks for all the shout outs on FB and all the wonderful gifts!
Slick is doing well. He had his head split open at work last week (he didn't even call me! so fired!) and he had 7 staples put in. But he's better now. Got the staples out a few days ago. He's ready for fishin' weather!
I'm ready for the nice weather! Ready to lose all this annoying weight that inhibits me from wearing most of my cute pants that I can't get rid of! I just can't seem to find the time! But I must, because I refuse to buy a bigger size! So that's my goal before my brother in laws wedding this summer!
I'm also considering going back to school. I've been thinking a lot more about it lately and just know that it's something I need to do. I'll keep you posted on that!

4 comments:

The Gentry's said...

What a fun birthday cake! Kudos to Grandma Johnson!!

Lemmons Family said...

I can't believe she is 1! That went by so fast, and the time doesn't seem to slow down the older they get! I love that Birthday cake! I want one!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to both of you girls!!! Sorry we weren't able to see you. Ayden of course had to get sick so I was housebound. Maybe next year:)

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

That'd be great Kristy, this is my first time being a host for a bridal shower. It's really weird not being so busy, now I have no excuse for my messy house. I hope Hailey does really well for the new sitter, she'll probably love having a change in scenery and new toys to play with. I love the pictures, it looks like the party was a hit!