Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Houston. . . we have lift Off!

Mission control to Houston. . . we are go for launch! This past week, after I got home from work and Miss Pretty and I were chillin' downstairs, playing with toys and watching Oprah. . . she surprised me by showing me her new skillz!! One minute she was crawling, the next, standing! She is now able to pull herself in to the standing position and she also dances once standing. She gets her moves from her momma fo sho!
Step 1: One must find something to lean against.Step 2: the stare down with the kitty! "What Gracie? You want some of this?"Step 3: Lift off! She was so proud of herself!One of the downsides of becoming more adventureous is that there are bound to be battle wounds :(. Miss Pretty was playing with her closet doors and pulled herself up a little, lost her balance and conked the noggin. I felt so bad.
Here she is in her cute red overalls. She looks so cute in these!
She's cutting a lot of teeth this week. (Sonja, be glad that you're not babysitting her this week, she's sooo winey!) Her two top front teeth are finally breaking through and it looks as though her eye teeth are next. So today has been rough for her. We've been putting the orajel on her gums. Has anyone tried that stuff? BEGACK!!! I had a little on my finger and wanted to see what it tasted like. I almost yacked! It reminds me of the stuff the dentist puts on your cheek before he's gonna give you a shot. It seems to be helping her though!
She is also not liking changing time so much. It's seriously Wrestle Mania IX! Once the diaper's off, she off and headed for the door! It takes 20 minutes to get her into her jammies every night.

4 comments:

Kiersti said...

She's so cute, she's getting so big, I love it! At least she's getting a bunch of teeth all at once, better than one by one. Have you tried teething tablets? I've always thought those work pretty well.

The Gentry's said...

Dylon got all his teeth just after he turned one too. Make sure you watch for possible fevers and keep them down! How exciting she is getting up on her own, the fun has just begun!!

The Lloyds said...

I agree with the teething tablets...that is all I use!!! So I guess im not the only one with the whole changing thing...holy cow its such a fight. Braxton hates it so bad.

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

I love teething time! The babes are so cranky and you feel bad for them, but there's not a lot you can do to help. Hopefully she'll get them all at once and they'll come through fast. Do you remember how Madelyn started getting those 4 teeth like 2 months ago? Yeah, they're still not all through!!! How's she doing with the new sitter? I hope she's having fun!