Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wake me Cuz I must be Dreaming!!

Most of my blogger followers have probably seen my updates on Facebook and have been thinking WTF? Here's my update:

On Wednesday, my dad overdosed on some prescription medicine. A jogger found him up Big Cottonwood canyon off a trail and he was really out of it. She was a nurse from Colorado who is definately also an angel!! He stopped breathing and she administered CPR until the ambulance arrived. He ended up being life flighted to the U of U where we've been camped out since. The doctors aren't sure what he took or how much and so they thought the effect would wear off after some time, but now they're not sure. They're measuring his brain activity. It's been seizing so they've been giving him antiseizure medication to help it stop. We are in limbo right now.
It feels like a big bad dream that we've been in for 4 days now!! It's very surreal to be in there and see him hooked up to so many machines!
We are so blessed with an AMAZING family and I couldn't have asked for better brothers and sisters! Heavenly Father truly knew what he was doing when he created this family! He knew that we would need each other throughout these trials with our dad! This has definately humbled me like you couldn't believe and has brought me to my knees quite often! The power of the priesthood blows my mind and it has been truly awsome to have that power present throughout this experience! Even if you're not a religious person, I ask you to keep him in your hearts and pray for him and for our family. We have seen each other through a lot with our dad, but we will need everything we can get with this one!

Thank you so much for all of the kind words and prayers and everything that everyone has sent or brought up to our family!

8 comments:

Natalie J said...

Wow, that has got to be scary. I will pray that he will wake up soon and have full functions. Sorry you guys are going through this.

Brynn said...

Love you!!!!!!!

Sara said...

Wow, I can't believe it. Please let me know if you guys need anything. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Love you guys tons!!!!!!!

Heather said...

I just found out Kristy, you and your family are in my prayers!

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Kristy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! Very scary! Hope things work out well, hang in there!

Kristy Skoy said...

we are praying for him and you. We love you so much! Please let us know if you need anything.

IONGI FAMILY said...

WE WILL KEEP HIM IN OUR PRAYERS!!!AS WELL AS UR FAMILY LOVE YA

VEEYAH said...

Hi Kristy! Just read this off of Jen's blog and catchin' up on yours too! So sorry to hear about this trial you guys are facing...I admire your testimony though and will keep your family in our prayers! We love you guys!