Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Weebles Wobble but They Don't fall Down. . .

First we'll start with a bit of good news. . . .drum roll please. . . .I have a new job! I interviewed this past week for the head Secretary job at East. And today we finally got the much anticipated good news that they were very impressed with my experience and would like to offer me the postion! Yay! It's quite a substantial pay increase for our little family, which will be nice! We can finally take a vacation (long awaited honeymoon perhaps)! The only bummer is that I work all year long (I know, like normal people) but for someone that's had summers off for 5 years now, that's a bit hard to adjust to!

We've had quite the busy month of June. I enjoyed my limited week and a half off :(. This past weekend, Miss Pretty and I went up to Pocatello for a bridal shower. D's brother Matt is gettin' hitched and we had a shower for her. It turned out way cute and at times funny! We're really excited to welcome Steph into the family and I'm excited to get a new sister in law! It's quite the adjustment for me though because it's just been me for almost 8 years now, so i'm feeling a little territorial, but I think it's going to be fun! She's an RN at a hospital in Idaho and at one point D's gma asked her if she had any experience in the psych ward! We got a good laugh out of that one!

Miss Pretty had fun spending some time with Gramma and Grampa Johnson! She spent most of the time making the rounds up and down the hallway and around the kitchen saying "cracker" and "HI". Here are some pics of Grampa pushing the girls on the swings. She loved it and would have stayed in the blue dolphin all day if it wasn't getting cold!





She's been quite the helper in the kitchen these days. Now that she's on the move, we've barracaded the stairs off and she just walks around and around getting into whatever she possibly can while I cook! She loves the oven mits and had to try them on!


I bought her a baby bottle for her baby doll. You know the kind that the liquid magically disappears. Well she figured it right out and now carries her baby around (usually upside down by one foot) with the bottle and stops occasionally to feed her. It's way cute!
Today she found the plastic wand that turns the blinds up. I know, so child friendly right!! Well she thought it was perfect for prodding Graceroonie with it! Poor kitty!
And finally, I was able to get her mullet pulled into pig tails. I'm thinking this is what we'll do with it for the wedding next week. Perhaps put some red bows on them or something.
She's been doing so many funny things these past few weeks! She's becoming quite the walking expert! She loves to walk on her tip toes! She also loves the stairs and has to climb them every chance that she gets. She is a singer and a dancer. Tonight we were watching our favorite show "So You Think You Can Dance" and she was jammin' out! I'm pretty sure she'll be a dancer when she grows up. She has a new word this week: HAPPY! She's become the picky eater that I was hoping to avoid! I fed her everything when she was a baby so that she would be well accustomed to a variety of flavors and textures. . . . .didn't work! She's like her daddy! Currently, she'll eat bananas, spagetti, and sloppy joes! Such a well balanced diet! Talk about frustrating! If anyone has any ideas. .. . let me hear em people!
The nerd herd is preparing for the upcoming release of The Half Blood Prince movie. I've been listening to it on CD to remember what it was about because they have all merged together in my brain. I forgot how funny this one is, well except for the devastating sad ending but the "snogging" cracks me right up! We'll have to whip up a batch of Butterbeer before the movie!
I've also been reading this month's book club selection "Picture Perfect". It's quite different than anything I've read before. A bit racey at times, but good!
And I've become a fan of a new TV series on A&E called "The Cleaner". Besides the fact that it stars Benjamin Bratt who is positively srumptious in it, I love this show! You'll have to check it out sometime!

5 comments:

Kiersti said...

Congrats!!
And woot woot for pig tails! As the mother of hair challeneged girls, I know how important this is :) She so freaking cute!
My kid is a picky eater, and Mya is starting to be one, too. One day she'll eat something and the next she's decided that she hates it. I just keep trying and try to be patient. I decided that for lunch Lo gets whatever she wants, but for dinner she eats what we're having or nothing. But I try to make at least one side or something that I know she'll like - she's getting better. It's true what they say - they won't starve themselves.....keep trying!!!

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

I agree with the previous poster...my kids eat whatever I've made for dinner, and we eat a variety of things, from mexican to thai. I put a little on their plates, Hanna is pretty good about eating whatever, Carter on the other hand will hardly touch anything. I've decided not to make food a battle in my home, this is what we are having for dinner, you can choose to eat it or not, but there will be nothing else for dinner. If they take one little bite of their food and say there done I don't argue with them, they know the rules and I let it go at that. And keep offering, I once read that it takes up to 10 exposures to a food before a toddler will even touch it.

Katie said...

I love the mullet. I laughed so hard when you said she had one. She is so precious. I have a suggestion for a summer vacation. YEllowstone and we'll meet you there. Let me know. Congrats on your new job!!

Tukuafu's said...

She probably throws her baby around because you did that to her. Ok, not really.. CONGRatS on the new JOB! You deserve it and I can't be happier for you! Now you are ETERNALLY damned to the hood! It's your roots girl.. don't try to deny it! Love the piggies! Butter beer- here we come!!

The Gentry's said...

Congrats on the new job! I love the mullet, but the pig tails are adorable too :)
I did the same thing with Dylon with food, and all the sudden he became really picky too. Try to give her at least one thing she is familiar with then something new sometimes it works for us. Funny how they will put rocks and other questionable things in their mouths, but when it comes to food they become selective!!