Saturday, July 26, 2008

Baby Shower, Funny Story and Desperate. . .

I know, I've been a slacker at updating, but it's my summer vaca still so I don't get to a computer much! Here's a little update of what we've been up to. . .

We had a baby shower for Brynn last week! It was so much fun to see all my girls! I'm so glad that we still keep in touch! Here we are rubbin' Brynn's baby belly! Can't wait to meet that lil' guy! Eve is holding my child, so no one start any rumors about her having a baby and not telling anyone! On Thursday night, Monica came into town and so we went out to dinner with Eve, Monica and Brynn and our spouses. So much fun reminiscing and talking! Monica. . .you crack me up! I love you girls!

We are getting ready to take our last camping trip of the season this weekend. Heading up to Lava Hot Springs to meet Doug's family. We're really excited to get out and have fun!

Hailey and I have been enjoying our summer together and I am still so sad when I think about going back to work!! Which brings me to my "Desperate" plea. . .

I am in need of child care. I've been puting it off because I really don't want to have to do it at all. But since I have to, I'd rather have someone I know or someone that one of my friends knows watch her than a daycare! So if anyone is interested or knows of anyone that watches kids that would be willing to take on my little princess, please let me know. I only need someone Wed., Thurs., and Fri. However, I am working on seeing if I can take her with me to work one of those days, so it might only be 2 days a week. Also, Jenn my sista is having her first little girl any day now and she will need a babysitter on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting in November.

And last but not least, we are so close to welcoming our new baby Tukuafu to the world! Jenn is scheduled for a C Section on the 12 of the Aug. But she may came earlier than that! We'll see! Hailey is so excited to have her first girl cousin!
Okay now to the funny story. . . My friend Kathy from work will get a kick out of this because we've been waiting for this photo to surface for a long time! This is my dad and you're probly wondering why he looks so bad?? Well this past winter, my mom told me this hilarious story so now I share it with you for your entertainment. . . one morning my mom went out to start her car and it wouldn't start. So she came in to tell my dad who was just fixing him some breakfast in his bathrobe! He went outside to "take a look". He then proceeded to get some starter fluid (which FYI, they don't use on new cars anymore!! Someone probly should have told him that!) So he had my mom get in the car and crank it while he sprayed starter fluid in the engine. He's yelling "Give it more gas Elaine!" I'm not sure what happened to ignite the flames but my mom says the next thing she knew, there was this big ball of fire! She jumped out of the car and yelled "Steven roll in the snow!" He was like "I'm fine!" Little did he know that he was smoking like one of those cartoon characters that gets blownup! So they went in the house and he's like "take a picture!" and my mom's like "you should go look in the mirror first!" but he's like "no take a picture!" So here it is! After, she made him take a shower because he stunk so bad and then when he went to get his hair cut, the girl was laughing so hard! He said that his eyelashes felt like velcro! My mom had to cut them off!

2 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

I wish we lived closer and I would watch that cute little girl! I hope you find someone you know to watch her.
I stay close with my girlfriends too. It is so nice to have that long term girlfriend.

Your Poor Dad! I bet he learned his lesson.

Heather said...

This is a daycare, but it's really good, Highland High School childcare. They give first dibs to district employees so you could try to get in since you work in the district.

Salem went there for preschool and the daycare is great too. They have a full staff plus high school kids come in with the kids too.

My neighbor works there and she is excellent!