Sunday, January 18, 2009

So I guess Quidditch is out of the question!!

Yesterday was cleaning day for Miss Pretty and I! My goal was to get the messy kitchen back in working order! It just gets so cluttered and everything gets dropped in there when we get home from somewhere! Especially the table! It gets piled high with junk! For example: our gingerbread house from Christmas was still there minus a couple of chunks that Gracie snacked on! A lint roller that had obviously gotten stuck to Gracie's behind while she snacked on the above said gingerbread house! Junk mail. Stuff that I'd taken out of the diaper bag, but didn't take up to the hamper, etc, etc. . .
So I was almost done and just needed to sweep and mop the floor. I gave her a bowl of sweet potatoe chunks to entertain her and that worked until she looked up and saw me sweeping. She became histerical! I thought maybe she'd gotten hurt somehow so I walked over to her with the broom in hand and she started waving her arms and screaming! She's terrified of the broom! Once I finished and put it away she calmed down a bit. She did the same thing with the vaccum last week and that was a little more understandable because it's loud and scary, but the broom?? Is that normal?
A quick Johnson update. . . Slick turned 30 last week. We went out to eat with his fam who came to town for the day and then we went to the Home Show! He's easily entertained. The Golden Globes were on last weekend! I'm an award show junky! I love to see what everyone wears and who wins what! I was disappointed the Leo didn't win for best actor! I think he's an amazing actor and has aged well! I was happy that Heath Ledger won for his role in the Dark Knight. Such a good movie.
Miss Pretty is close to crawling! She loves the remote control! And she is not fooled by imposters like the old one that doesn't work anymore! She wants full power! So we bribe her with that! It's cute!
My momacita and little bro also celebrated a birthday this week! I won't list their ages, for privacy purposes :). Today in honor of them, my dad is making the best chili verde on the face of this planet!
And last but not least, I have joined a book club! Not a nerdy book club, I can assure you. We went out to eat on Friday night and although I didn't read Pride and Prejudice, I have seen the movie, so I could offer my two cents here and there. But our next selection, despite Camie's plea for Twilight, is "Confessions of a Shopaholic". After we meet to discuss it, we're going to see the movie. It should be a nice get away once a month for mommy!



We were also doing a photo shoot while we were cleaning the kitchen!! Work it! Own it!


I don't think I've posted pics of her two little front teeth yet!

2 comments:

Tukuafu's said...

Stop hitting her with the broom and she won't be scared!

Corky said...

I think she saw you flying around on it and that's why she's so sceerrrrd! hahaha!