Friday, July 1, 2011

My Summer Project Preview. . . .

Now that summer is finally here, I have some big projects for myself and our family!! #1 Get organized! #2 update mi casa so that we can enjoy it!


Operation Organization:


Our lovely home has 3 bedrooms. One occupied by myself and hubby. One occupied by Miss Pretty. One looks like this:



Yikes right?? Well it's supposed to be a craft room, but instead it has become a "catch-all" for all the junk that we don't know what to do with. Somewhere under there is a table with my scrapbook supplies and a cricuit. But it might take a while to find that! :)


So you're probly wondering "Why are you showing us your junkiness??" Well people, I'm going to be condensing that up there to fit into this closet:


Envision with me, if you will, a "craft nook" that folds away when we need to access our crawlspace (that's filled with lots of other treasures). It should be a fun and interesting transformation. I will have to declutter and dejunktifiy a lot, so if you call me and I'm in tears, it's only because I may have had to part with something! :) We're hoping that room #3 can be a guest room until the day comes that we finally have another babe!



On to operation transformation:


This dazzling "civil war" chair (okay not really, family joke!) was sitting on the side of my MIL's house just begging to come to Utah! She's going to be part of my "craft nook". I'm heading out pretty soon here to pick up supplies to give this beauty a makeover!! Stay tuned. . . .

And last but not least, I found this at a yard sale. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE yard sales?? It's amazing what one can find for a fraction of the retail cost! Anywho. . .I brought this bad boy home and said "sweety. . . come and see what I got for you!" I thought the deer print was pretty humorous and I bought it strictly for the frame! Well he couldn't believe that I would throw that away! He snatched the print right up and said "you can't throw this away! It's signed and dated 1979! It's valuable!" It's currently hidden between our mattresses right now! I will update later with what I ended up doing with the frame!

1 comment:

Tukuafu's said...

Is all that stuff dirty? Oh em gee.