Saturday, July 16, 2011

Operation Transformation has begun. . .

Just wanted to give ya'll some updates on some of my projects that I posted about earlier (see posts below).
Here is the "Before" shot of my new craft chair:

Here's the "After". Still not sure that I'm smitten with the aqua blue. It may or may not be red the next time you see it :)!

Here is the "Before" shot of the future home of "Corky's Craft Corner" - wow that was cheezy!!

And here's the work in progress. . . .


This is the stage we're at right now. Mostly painted, ready for some more shelving, peg board, my folding table and all my junk!


It sure is a lot brighter with the white paint in there. The hubby is going to be putting some lighting in there for me too. Never a good idea to use scissors in a dark closet. . . just sayin'! We found lots of treasures while cleaning it out, that I have been looking for. All of my holiday flags were stashed up there and I'm still not convinced that the hubby didn't bury them up there on purpose! Stay tuned for an update. . . .


We went to Idaho this past weekend. I always LOVE hitting the yard sales with my Yard Sale mentor. . .my mother in law! She knows her stuff. Well, here's the best yard sale story ever! We headed out Saturday morn, with myself, hubby's sis, and my MIL in the Malibu. It's got a BIG trunk and we'd already hit some yard sales and almost filled the trunk with toys, books, etc. In the back seat was sis and a bike that we'd found for Miss Pretty and the car seat. Well we're cruising through a neighborhood, when all of a sudden, we see some recliners and a "Siesta Sak"
with signs on them that say "FREE!" I got out to inspect the Siesta Sak because I couldn't imagine anyone giving it away for FREE! It looked perfectly fine! Now the decision came. . . how are we gonna get that bad boy home?? Well, we tried the trunk. . .full. Back seat. . . full. So we got creative and put everything in the trunk:
I was so proud of my MIL. . . .springing into action and even fashioning a rope out of a garbage sack to tie down the trunk so none of our treasures fell out!



Next was the real task. . .getting that sucker into the back seat!! Just close your eyes and imagine my MIL on one side pulling and myself and sis on the other pushing and shoving. At one point the Jehovah's Witnesses walked past and were wondering what on earth we were doing!! I could even hear the neighbors across the street giggling from their window. But hey, we got it in there!

When we got back to the house we opened that door that this is what it looked like! Hilarious! We took the cover off and washed it and it's in perfect shape. We of course still had to shove it into our jeep for the drive back to Utah. FUN fun!!


Some other summer projects:


Here's Miss Pretty painting a bird house for our tree:


And here's the "After" of the deer picture frame that I talked about in an earlier post. It looks much better and I love this pic of the Tetons!

No comments: